To celebrate, here’s 5 fun facts about chocolate:
1. White chocolate isn't real chocolate Yes, we've all been lied to. In order to be classified as real chocolate, a product has to contain cocoa solids or cocoa liquor. White "chocolate" contains cocoa butter instead.
2. The chocolate chip cookie was an accident in 1930 Ruth Wakefield realised she was out of baker's chocolate and mixed broken peices of Nestle chocolate into her cookie dough. She later sold the idea to Nestle in return for a lifetime supply of chocolate!
3. Making chocolate is hard work The cocoa bean doesn't just magically turn into chocolate, it takes around 400 beans to make a single pound of the good stuff.
4. Chocolate is actually a vegetable Milk and dark chocolate come from the cocao bean, which grows on a cocoa tree!
5. Thortons created the world's largest chocolate bar In celebration of it's 100th birthday, Thortons created the world's largest bar- weighing a record breaking 5,792.50kg
To ensure you satisfy your chocolate cravings all year long why not subscribe to our LetterBox chocolate gift subscription and save up to 35%!