The Welsh superstar has spoken out for the first time about his treatment at the hands of the BBC after he was brutally dropped just 24 hours filming was due to begin in 2015.
“I was p****d off. I never got to the bottom of who made the decision. It was between the production company Wall to Wall and the BBC, and I still don't know why,” he revealed in an interview to Radio Times, before adding: 'Well of course, that's a kick in the b******s. When I used to work in factories or on a building site, you’d get a week’s notice at least!”
The scathing attack comes as promo shots were released of Sir Tom smiling happily alongside Will.i.am, Jennifer Hudson and Gavin Rossdale, who will form the coaching panel for ITV’s revamped version of the show.
The 76-year-old also shared his sadness that his wife Lady Melinda Rose Woodward - who died suddenly of cancer in April last year - is missing his return.
"When my wife heard I wasn't doing it, she said, 'So, you don't want to do The Voice any more?'
"I said, 'It's not my decision'. She said, 'You must be joking!' God bless her, she passed away before I was asked to come back. She would like the fact that I'm doing the show now."
The Voice UK returns on ITV on Saturday January 7 at 8pm on ITV
For all the latest TV gossip subscribe to Radio Times
Images: Instagram @TheVoiceUK