From the publisher
Officially endorsed by the ACO, 24 Hour Race Technology provides an annual review of the engineering spectacle that is Le Mans, highlighting why certain technologies are to the fore. Both Prototype and GT cars are analysed in depth in this uniquely focused appraisal of the world’s greatest twice-around-the-clock race, revealing many secrets of performance.
• Grid: IN THE NEWS - Details of the ACO’s new LM P1 regulations, how Dunlop develops its tyres for LM P2, and the changes made by Porsche for its 2018 Gen 2 Cup 911
• In Conversation: IAIN WATT - Action Express Racing’s technical director tells Anne Proffit how the team’s IMSA successes can be put down to having a small but expert team
• Dossier: GINETTA G60 LT P1 - Developing a racecar for LM P1 is a test of any motorsport company’s skills – even more so when it’s a first attempt. Lawrence Butcher reports
• TECHNICAL REVIEW - Paolo Catone reports on the statistics that made the 2018 Le Mans 24 Hours one to remember for Toyota, and investigates the mechanical approaches taken by each LM P1 contender
• Digest: ASTON MARTIN VANTAGE GTE - The name may not have changed but this is an entirely new beast. Lawrence Butcher reports on its development
• Insight: IMSA DPi vs INDYCAR - Anne Proffit asks driver Juan-Pablo Montoya and engineer Raul Prados to compare their current Acura Prototype with an Indy car
• Focus: COMPOSITES - Peter Donaldson examines the role played by composite materials in endurance racing
• Profile: BMW M8 GTE - How do you develop an endurance racer before the road-going version is released? Lawrence Butcher finds out
• Retrospective: PEUGEOT 908 TRANSMISSION - Lawrence Butcher charts the development of the Le Mans version of this diesel V12’s transmission system
• Appendix - The structure of the WEC, the LM P1 regulations and who’s racing what and when in 2018-19
• Supplier directory - Our listing of the companies providing products and services to the endurance racing community
• PS: EVERY EVENTUALITY - We provide an insight into how Toyota’s preparations for the WEC have changed over the years
Be the first person to tell us what you think about 24 Hour Race Technology and you'll save £2.50 on your next purchase!ADD A REVIEW
All prices for magazine subscriptions listed on isubscribe include free UK delivery.
Your subscription will begin with the next available issue. Please expect delivery in the next 4-6 weeks.
24 Hour Race Technology is published by High Power Media Ltd who handle delivery and stipulate the lead time shown above. To view other titles by this publisher click here