- Get a free gift with a subscription to RHS’ The Garden magazine!
- iSUBSCRiBE sale! Save up to 75% on magazine subscriptions!
- It’s not too late! Buy last minute Christmas gifts today…
- Come to iSUBSCRiBE for your last minute Christmas gifts!
- Extra freebies when you buy magazine subscriptions at iSUBSCRiBE!
Shutter Island - A return to form for Scorsese
Category: Celebrity Magazine Subscriptions
Title: Sight & Sound
Fans of Martin Scorsese may be inclined to pick up a copy of the latest Sight & Sound magazine, which critiques his latest movie.
The critically-acclaimed director has been responsible for some of the most influential films of recent times and Shutter Island is looking like following the trend.
From Casino and Goodfellas to The Departed and The Aviator, Scorsese has entertained generations of film enthusiasts.
However, it is the similarities of his latest effort to the "claustrophobic, paranoia-ridden interior world of Taxi Driver" that has caught the interest of Sight & Sound's Graham Fuller.
The article looks at how the flick, which stars Leonardo DiCaprio, has paid homage to the movies made in the 1940s and 50s.
Meanwhile, the magazine has also taken a look at the various versions of Alice In Wonderland that have appeared in the media over the past 145 years.
The latest instalment was directed by Tim Burton and stars Johnny Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Anne Hathaway and Mia Wasikowska.
Posted by: Alice Buller
What did you think of the latest Alice In Wonderland?