From the publisher
Officially endorsed by the ACO, 24 Hour Race Technology provides an annual review of the engineering spectacle that is Le Mans, highlighting why certain technologies are to the fore. Both Prototype and GT cars are analysed in depth in this uniquely focused appraisal of the world’s greatest twice-around-the-clock race, revealing many secrets of performance.
· Intro: THE EDITOR - The Le Mans 24 Hours of 2016 certainly didn’t disappoint, not only in the LM P1 class but GTE as well
· Grid: IN THE NEWS - Early details of some of the latest changes in ERS energy allowance, and a damper development which gives engineers an ‘as and when’ option for extra functionality
· Dossier: FORD GT - The Ford GT is a prime example of what can be achieved when multiple motorsport specialists pull together. Lawrence Butcher reports
· Insight: TRANSMISSIONS - Teams want transmissions with greater durability and less weight. Lawrence Butcher explains how manufacturers are achieving that
· Technical Review: LE MANS 2016 - Lawrence Butcher looks at some of the more interesting powertrain and chassis details of the Audi, Porsche and Toyota Le Mans contenders
· Insight: LM P1 2016 AERODYNAMICS - Paolo Catone, designer of the Peugeot 908 and BR 01 LM P cars, looks at some of the aerodynamic highlights in the top Prototype class
· Analysis: LE MANS 2016 PERFORMANCE - Victory at Le Mans is not just a question of outright pace – strategy and reliability also play key roles, as Paolo Catone shows
· Insight: LM P1 PRIVATEERS - In recent years, LM P1 privateer teams have struggled to get near the pace of the works manufacturers. Vehicle dynamics engineer and simulation expert Andrea Qunitarelli examines some of the potential reasons for this
· Appendix - The championships, class structures and key regulations in the World Endurance Championship
· PS: FORD’S FIRST GT - Victory for the Blue Oval and its partners in the GTE class at the 2016 Le Mans recalls the contrasting development of the original GT40 in the 1960s
Be the first person to tell us what you think about 24 Hour Race Technology and you'll save £2.50 on your next purchase!ADD A REVIEW
Your subscription will begin with the next available issue. Please expect delivery in the next 4-6 weeks.